Tuesday 12 February 2013

Bedroom Tax letter to Cameron






Hartsholme
Lincoln
LN60AU
Prime Minister,
I have just finished reading a letter from Julia Jones that was published in The Mirror and addressed to you.
It was truly heart wrenching to read how she is being affected by the ‘bedroom tax’.
You will no doubt read it yourself so I won’t repeat it all here. Two parts of it though I will repeat;
Towards the end of the letter Julia Jones quite categorically states ‘it was your government who introduced this law so I have to hold you responsible’.
How does it feel to know you are responsible for her current situation?

Secondly, she starts her letter with ‘I heard you in Prime Minister’s Questions say you would look at individual cases on the bedroom tax’.
As far as I can see every case is an individual case.
With that in mind I am urging everybody to write to you explaining their individual cases! That’s potentially 660,000 letters (correct me if I’m wrong) heading to your Direct Communications Unit!
Whether they do actually reach you in person remains to be seen, but imagine the effect it would have on your staff, having to read them all and see what their ‘employer’ is doing to people.
They would have to be pretty damn heartless not to be affected by them.
I would suggest your staff prepare by printing off lots of the standard replies and thinking up lots of made up names to sign them with.
Yours,
Starbuck Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment